5/14/08

Funny for the day...

After Ollie woke up from his nap we were shnuggling on the couch. I heard the ice-cream truck coming down the street so I jumped up with O in tote and went for the window. "Look O! That's the 'music' truck!!!" He was so entertained. I'm that mean mom who gives their kid a limited about of sugar every day and he'd already had his fair share so I didn't tell him the truth about what was in the "music" truck. :) All the neighbor kids came out and ran to buy some goods. I told O to go outside and watch the kids. I went back to doing my sewing and kept my eye on him from the window. After about 10 minutes I saw the truck drive away and the kids scatter. Ollie came in shortly thereafter. He came truckin' up the stairs with a big green dollar bill in his proud little hands. "Money! Money! Money!" I was laughing already. I said, "Where'd you get that!?" He looked down at his hands and inspected the dollar bill carefully and said "uhhhhhhhhhhh my freen." (my friend.) WHAT!? Hahah! My kid has friends? And my kids friends give him money? I ran outside to return the money but everyone was gone. No idea how the kid got the money but we put it in his piggy bank. I had a good laugh. This might not be too funny to ya'all but the fact that he can talk and say what he said and the fact that someone just handed my kid a dollar totally busts me up.

6 comments:

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh man I was laughing when you told him it was the "music truck"! Too cute and way to go Ollie-he's off to a good start figuring out how to make money at this age. (:

Staci said...

Hi Sara! Look at your beautiful self! You are just as gorgeous as ever. I love your photography. What a talent. You should give me some lessons! I would love to get into that. Let's keep in touch!

Lindsay said...

I think your blog looks sooo cute. You are so dang talented!! I love it!

Lindsay said...

I am still wanting you to take pics!! Trust me you have been on my mind. My sister in law was up and did some pics of Izaiah. But I still would like you to take our family pics. I am trying to loose some weight before we get them taken. But I am hoping to have you do them around July or Aug. Does that work? I love your photography and cant wait to have you take them! I'm glad we can keep in touch though our blog too!! YEAH

Cando said...

Ollie is my freen too. I lub him.

Tiffani said...

Oh Sara girl. I hadn't checked the Oliver blog in a while because I was thinking you didn't post very much on here. SILLY ME! I love your oreo post and yeah, that's a stinkin' funny story about the ice cream man. And those pics from Mother's day are so gorgeous. You look so pretty in every picture. and and and. I sound like a stalker girl.